Caroline McQueen is a Personal Image & Brand Consultant from London. She’s also the chief provocateur at Industry Avenue.
In this Podcast we discuss ( SPOILER ALERT )
- [03:10] Caroline explains her motivation for becoming an entrepreneur
- [06:30] We learn how Caroline got started with Industry Avenue & Virgin Startup
- [08:35] Caroline shares how and why she pivoted her business
- [11:10] “The most important person you can satisfy is your viewer, your audience”
- [12:20] We learn how Caroline got involved with Virgin Startup
- [16:07] Caroline explains what it’s like to apply for funding
- [18:10] Caroline shares tips on how you can get funding
- [19:10] We find out if you actually need a business plan
- [ 21:24] “Sometimes people get bogged down by the business plan, and it’s just an excuse to procrastinate”
- [23:40] Caroline shares how “Big Magic” by Elizabeth Gilbert, could influence your business plan
- [25:10] “How to eat an elephant, is a bite at a time”
- [27:59] Caroline explains why it’s important for brands to produce great content.
- [30:31] We ask Caroline if startups should do both content marketing and paid ads.
- [35:44] We find out what the first thing you and Phil should do, to get your idea off the ground.
- [36:40] “You can’t build a property on rented land”
- [39:53] What to do, if your not talented enough to make good content
- [43:00] “You can’t be afraid to fail”
- [43:30] We learn more about testing and validating your idea
- [46:08] Caroline explain how a mastermind can help your business
- [50:10] Caroline shares what she has learnt from Sir Richard Branson
- [51:10] We find out what Caroline wishes she knew, before starting in business
- [55:38] We learn about Caroline’s experience with failure, and how to have the right mindset
You will learn
- What first steps to take in business
- How to prepare to find funding
- Tips on how to market your business cheaply
Links and resources mentioned
- More from Caroline McQueen
- Recommended reading
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert (affiliate link)
- Websites mentioned
To make sure you get value every week, it’s important that we ask our guests the questions that you need answering. To do this, your homework is to answer the following question:
Tweet #DiversityAllStar to discuss the show on twitter or leave your comments below.
WANT TO LEVEL UP?
Join the other IntelliPink hustlers who get exclusive content
delivered into their inbox.
Kind regards, Lisimba.
P.S. If you liked this episode, I’d really appreciate it if your used the buttons below to share it with your friends. Thanks in advance.